Since beginning operations in 1998, the BTSC has provided brownfields stakeholders with the following types of services:
- Reviewing and providing comments on project documents, such as requests for proposals, work plans, field sampling plans, and quality assurance plans
- Facilitating the consideration and use of the Triad Approach
- Providing information about field-based technologies for site assessment and cleanup
- Evaluating remedial technologies and their advantages and limitations for site-specific features and needs
- Sharing technical information with non-technical audiences
- Providing easy access to resources, tools, recent news, and lessons learned
For Superfund sites, EPA OSRTI provides support services similar to those provided for Brownfields sites. EPA staff can request support for technical assistance via the BTSC site.